1) Click on the eRead Illinois link above. You will arrive at the “Magic Wall”.
2) Click “Login” in the upper right corner.
3) Enter a Library card I.D. That begins with the prefix “Flew” (which IS case sensitive). Ex. Flew(your last name) or Flew(last 4 digits of your phone number) or Flew(your library card number.
4) Choose a P.I.N. that will be easy for you to remember. This can be numbers or letters. Click “login” and you’ll be directed to a registration page. Re-enter your user I.D. and P.I.N. and fill in the form. Then click “register account”. You will then be returned to the “Magic Wall” and can begin to browse for books.
5) If the device you are using to read e-books doesn’t already have the app to read the e-books the way they are formatted on this site, you will need to cllick the “App Zone” tab and download the app appropriate for your device. They are:
- Blio e-reading technology available for mobile devices and PCs. Blio reader is required for select titles.
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for EPub & PDF for ereader devices including-Sony Reader, Nook, Kobo, and other e-reader devices.
- Audiobooks require the exciting new Acoustik Player available in the Apple App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.
- Axis Reader–the axisReader (aR) is a feature-rich, easy-to-use eReader for iOS and Android devices. Locate and access your Axis 360 library directly from the app. Read EPUB and PDF ebooks with ease. Features include options for how you organize your library, font size and style choices, bookmarking, search within a book, annotations, highlighting and linking to a dictionary. Download axisReader from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
6) When you click on a book, you will get a brief summary of the book, it will show you in which formats the book is available, and how many copies of the book are available. You will have the option of adding to your checkout list, where the title will be held for 15 minutes while you continue to browse, or to add to your wishlist, or to check out now if you’re only interested in the one title at that time. If a title is unavailable, your option will be to put it on hold, and you’ll receive an e-mail when it’s available.
7) When you are ready to check out, if you are using Blio format, you may be asked for you Blio I.D. In check-out, you will see when your book is due and how many days are remaining on your check-out. (If you have placed more than one book in your check-out list, in that window you can lessen the check-out time if you choose.) Books are returned automatically at the end of the check-out period (14 days).
We recommend that you take the time to watch a 25 minute webinar that will tell you more about eRead Illinois, as well as demonstrate the process for accessing books at http://tinyurl.com/eReadAxis360
Further information about necessary apps and accessing the e-book collection can be found here.